12 plants in 8 countries around the world. 360-degree service from planning and installation to training and aftersales. Wanzl is rightfully one of the world’s leading partners in global commerce. The quality commitment "made by WANZL" extends beyond the retail sector into numerous other industries and areas of application.
It is obvious that Wanzl’s growing international significance also entails new demands on the company’s website. And so the relaunch of the Wanzl career portal in 2018 was followed – less than a year later – by the relaunch of the entire website. The aim was to create a centrally controlled corporate website with 21 international branch websites in more than 15 languages.
In addition to the optimisation of internal workflows, the process of digital transformation also created a completely new experience for the user: This was accomplished, among other things, by an innovative design, which perfectly reflects the brand, as well as clear user guidance throughout the website.
Our customer since 2018
The new website was intended to highlight Wanzl’s innovative strength in all digital areas and to show that the company is more than just a "shopping trolley producer". This was achieved by implementing "Wanzl Inspire", the digital world of Wanzl. This "website within a website" accordingly presents content for the digitalisation of B2C shopping.
A fully integrated translation workflow for 15+ languages
A new translation workflow was also developed as part of the relaunch: Translations are now managed centrally and via API by a translation agency. To further optimise costs, additional functions were implemented. Using these, the branches can decide which content is displayed and thus translated into the respective languages.
This process is carried out automatically, which greatly simplifies data maintenance and translation management.
- a single sign-on solution for easy employee login to the image database and Pimcore
- complex multi-language download management for user manuals
- image database management and maintenance of more than 32,000 assets including DAM front-end and migration of all existing metadata
- The relaunch also laid the foundation for the expansion of e-commerce.
A look into the future:
- gradual DAM adaptation and expansion to include custom functionalities
- optimisation and expansion of the translation workflow
- ongoing SEO/WPO support by elements
Like it? Share it!