70 in one go: This could be the motto of the new website of German shoe manufacturer Gabor. The mission: Developing a new strategy to transition from strongly retail-oriented sales to an innovative e-commerce network based on the marketplace principle.
70 Gabor retailers + a digital interface = a comprehensive online shopping experience for customers
The way to get there: a well-conceived concept and a strong content management system for highly complex requirements. The big challenge: the transition from the old to the new e-commerce infrastructure.
Our customer since: 2020
Room for something new
The system of choice for the Gabor online shop ended up being Pimcore! New structures and features were designed to expand and optimize the existing e-commerce infrastructure. The perfect "weapon" for this: the open-source solution by Pimcore. It was not only able to optimally fulfil the complex and individual requirements of Gabor but also offers long-term financial advantages.
As part of a 360-degree project with all-round support, a completely new digital "backbone" was created for Gabor in an incredible turnaround time of only eight months. In August 2020, all elements teams brought a completely new design with an expanded product range and fresh content onto the digital track.
With immediate success: The faster website and improved conversion rates ensure both maximum shopping pleasure and the highest level of customer satisfaction.
A smooth transition
In addition to the short lead time, the main challenge was to develop the new system in parallel to the replacement of the previous e-commerce infrastructure. In addition to a smooth transition, the following aspects were particularly important for the fresh start:
- high-performance online shop
- stable processes and interfaces
- steadily increasing, positive customer experience
- completely new UX design
- e-commerce infrastructure based on the marketplace principle
- 70 participating Gabor dealers connected via an interface
- joint handling of orders from the online shop
- complex data model including order management, returns management, connection to ERP, payment providers, address and risk checks
- various personalization and recommendation logics (customer experience framework by Pimcore)
A glimpse into the future:
- constant development of the e-commerce sector through ongoing A/B tests
- integration of the multilingual corporate website
- expansion to include the AT shop client
- ongoing and in-depth SEO support
- data-driven improvement of the customer experience
- planned rollout of the multilingual e-commerce solution in various European countries
Like it? Share it!